Conveyor Slow Speed Holdbacks and BackstopsThe Rotech Slow Speed Backstops type RS-Roller Ramp is manufactured in RSA under ISO9001:2015 Quality Management Systems. Primarily used on incline conveyors, the backstops are mounted without heating. The local manufacture means better pricing for our clients as well as improved turnaround times for delivery.
Backstop Size Selection for Single Drive
Motor Kw x 9550 / Output RPM = Nm Torque
Nm Torque x 1.3 (service factor) = Selection, Sized on Torque and Shaft Size
|Backstop Size||H7 Max Bore mm||Torque |
- Backstop bores are straight and finished for an EASY PUSH ON FIT on an equally straight and clean shaft.
- Make DOUBLE Sure that the Free Running of the Backstop matches the directional rotating of the shaft (Conveyor)
- Remember to install keeper plate after Backstop is installed onto the shaft.
- Make sure Torque Arm is not rigidly mounted, must have at least 20mm gap either side of the stirrup.
- When the Backstop has been installed, make sure the breather is fitted at the top inlet plug and the oil indication pipe (sightglass) vertically to the angle of operation.
- Backstop Supplied with Storage Oil
- Once Installed drain and slowly ll to half the volume of the Backstop (the oil breather should be removed to fill the Backstop)
- Required Oil = Multigrade SAE10W- 40(46/48) at working temperature 0ºC & 80ºC.
Click on a category below to view more of our products.
Get in touch
Please fill in our enquiry form specifying your needs or send us an email with your requirements and we will get back to you urgently.